Our Playlist for 2013
You know the feeling: You’re at work and your favorite song comes on the radio that just makes you want to get up and move.
You’re sitting in your car during rush hour when you hear that tune that makes you break out your best hair-whipping, arm-flinging dance moves (and hope that the person in the car next to you doesn’t see you making a complete fool out of yourself).
And CMWL’s personal favorite: when you’re at the gym and a song gives you that motivation to push a little harder, longer.
Well, studies back it up. Music can increase endurance by 15 percent and help you focus on a positive attitude while you break a sweat, according to research from Brunel University’s School of Sport and Education.
If you’re lacking that extra motivation, it may be time for a workout playlist makeover. We’ve surveyed the CMWL staff to create the perfect, motivating lineup to help you reach your weight loss goals.
1. Black Eyed Peas – Rock That Body
2. Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris – We Found Love
3. Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me (“This song works everywhere, from the bar to the gym. It pushes you to finish one more lap or set.” –Pargehe)
4. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations
5. Cobra Starship – You Make me Feel good
6. Heavy D & the Boyz – Now That We Found Love
7. Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger (“I usually like more alternative rock, but something about this song really gets me going. Also, I was a big Mick Jagger fan growing up and he always did have great moves. The song makes me think about him in his prime!” –Sarah)
8. AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
9. Sylvester – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
10. Bon Jovi – It’s My Life (“Motivational lyrics and upbeat tempo push you to your limit.” –Ally)
11. Luke Bryan – Country Girl
12. Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock – It Takes Two
13. Survivor – Eye of the Tiger
14. Fun. – Some Nights
15. deadmau5 & Kaskade – I remember (“Nine minutes long. Plus, you can sink into the rhythm and it builds as your heart rate increases.” –Jane)
16. Katy Perry – Firework
Information provided on this website and in the Doctor’s Blog is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care professional for evaluation of your individual case.
Did you find this information helpful?
Sign up for our Dr.’s Blog Newsletter!
By subscribing, you’ll receive new articles from The Doctor’s Blog, Specials and Promotional news and great healthy recipes. We value your privacy and will never share your email address.